We have a stellar record in the Banking and Finance area having been involved in most major secured and unsecured lending transactions in Jordan in recent years. We have advised and continue to advise high profile clients including international financial institutions and global banks on financial regulatory matters and complex financings.
As per Chambers Global, we have “extensive experience handling significant financings”.
Our highlights include:
- Advising a syndicate of lenders comprising of international and intergovernmental, multilateral development financial institutions on a loan facility of $460 million for the construction of an electricity generation station in Zarqa, Jordan.
- Advising a joint venture company and its two major sponsors in relation to a $335 million facility provided by two international financial institutions for the building of a phosphoric acid plant on a project-finance, non-recourse basis.
- Advising an international financial institution and an international Islamic financial institution in relation to the $250 million financing of the Queen Alia International Airport expansion and operation project. The financing was a combination of a $150 million commercial loan and $100 million Islamic Ijara.
- Advising the largest bank in Jordan and a group of other lenders in relation to a $148 million facility provided to the As-Samra Wastewater Treatment Plant. The project was tendered by the Ministry of Water & Irrigation on a build, operate, transfer basis.
- Advising the only phosphate mining company in Jordan in its obtaining of $110 million financing for a new phosphate terminal and related facilities in the port city of Aqaba. The financing for the project included a $50 million A loan from an international financial institution and a $60 million B loan arranged by that same institution from commercial banks.
- Advising a syndicate of lenders on a facility of approximately $96 million provided to a real estate development company for the construction of its luxury hotel and residences project in Amman, Jordan.