Our firm has a well-established Corporate Commercial practice that extends to all major industries of the region. We have acted in some groundbreaking, cross-border transactions in telecommunications, information technology, media, energy, foodservice, fast moving consumer goods, financial services, construction and real estate development.
Our highlights include:
- Advising the leading multinational beverage corporation in the world on its acquisition, distributorship, agency, corporate and commercial activities in Jordan and Iraq.
- Advising one of the largest telecom companies in the region on a broad spectrum of commercial matters, including on multiple billion-dollar plus acquisitions in various markets, including Iraq, Sudan, Palestine and Africa.
- Advising foreign investors on multiple occasions, including on the attempted $500 million purchase of 40% of the Government owned Jordan Telecommunications Company and on the $100 million plus partial acquisitions of the Government owned Phosphate and Potash corporations.
- Advising the biggest wind turbine company in the world on the financing and local law aspects of its design, build, operate and maintain contract for the $287 million Tafila Wind Farm project.
- Advising a Silicon Valley tech company on its $164 million acquisition of a Jordanian-based start-up in the first Silicon Valley foray into the Middle East.
- Advising the Jordanian government on multiple transactions, including the $102 million dollar divestiture of 33% of what was at the time Jordan’s only cement manufacturer and on the $111 million privatization of the Aqaba Railway Corporation.
- Advising a major GCC-based dairy and food company on various dealings in Jordan, including the $72 million acquisition of a Jordanian dairy producer and its subsidiaries.
- Advising a multinational hospitality company on its proposed licensing and management of a hotel and residences project that will bring the Ritz Carlton to Amman, Jordan.