Our Dispute Resolution team has a wealth of experience handling complex disputes, white collar crime complaints and investigative regulatory matters.
Having successfully represented clients before courts of last resort in both Jordan and Iraq and before arbitration tribunals under ICC, LCIA and UNCITRAL rules, our Dispute Resolution team has proven to be one of the best in the region.
In Arbitration, our recent activities include:
- Successfully representing a Jordanian-based construction company in a Cairo-situated international arbitration against the owner of a manufacturing plant over a $53 million claim. This claim was settled in favor of our clients before the commencement of the proceedings by the arbitration panel.
- Representing a major Arab mining company before the ICC in a shareholder dispute with a joint venture partner valued at approximately $11 million. This dispute was subsequently settled.
- Successfully defending a Jordanian public shareholding company in an arbitration proceeding brought against it under UNCITRAL rules by a strategic investor in the same company claiming damages in the neighborhood of $2.8 million for breach of contract.
- Successfully defending a joint venture formed by a Dutch company and a Jordanian company against a $1 million claim brought against it under ICC rules by a Jordanian fertilizer manufacturer over a contract for the supply, installation, testing and commissioning of a manufacturing plant.
- Representing the Jordan Petroleum Refinery Company in an arbitration proceeding under Jordanian law against a contractor over a complex construction dispute.
- Currently representing a major Jordanian company in a Jordanian Arbitration Law proceeding against one of the world’s major mobile phone manufacturers over a distributorship dispute.
In Litigation, our recent activities include:
- Successfully representing a major UAE-based bank in a claim against a GCC-based conglomerate over a default on a facility that exceeded $100 million. We successfully laid an attachment on the assets of certain shareholders of the conglomerate located in Jordan in support of the original action.
- Representing a global bank with an extensive presence in the Middle East in several claims estimated at around $60 million against a group of companies owned by a Jordanian-based family.
- Representing a leading Jordanian bank in several court actions that included claims and counter claims against an investment company with operations in Jordan and other Arab countries over certain debt facilities in the approximate amount of $57 million.
- Representing an international oil trading company against a Jordanian oil storage facility in a case valued at approximately $30 million.
- Representing a global bank with an extensive presence in the Middle East in connection with several claims against a number of defaulting customers with values ranging between $7.5 million and $20 million.
- Successfully defending (in cooperation with local counsel), in a case that went to the Iraqi Court of Cassation, a $4.5 billion claim against the largest telecommunications operator in the country for its acquisition of a rival operator.
- Successfully representing a leading telecommunications company in an action brought in the High Court of Justice against the Telecommunications Regulatory Commission of Jordan and a local telecom company.
- Successfully representing a major international beverage and soft drink bottler in a multi-million dollar shareholder dispute with local partners in Jordanian courts.