Fast Moving Consumer Goods and Foodservice

We have been heavily involved in the Fast-moving Consumer Goods and Foodservice sectors and have extensive experience advising foreign investors on their dealings in the Jordanian market. Among our activities in the FMCG sector, we advised a major GCC-based dairy and food company on its acquisition of 75% of a Jordanian dairy producer in a deal valued at $55 million. This transaction was followed by a further acquisition of the remaining 25% stake in a deal valued at $12 million. Our expertise in this sector, as with all sectors, extends to dispute resolution. We successfully represented a major international beverage and soft drink bottler in a multi-million dollar shareholder dispute with local partners in Jordanian courts.  Among our activities in Foodservice, we advised two global private equity funds on the Jordanian law aspects of their proposed multibillion-dollar acquisition of a controlling stake in a GCC mega food company.  We also advised a leading restaurant, food processing, distribution, and retail company on its successful acquisition of 100% of the Jordanian company that held the franchise rights in Jordan to one of the biggest fast food chains in the world.