Nizar Obeidat

Partner

nizar@obeidatfreihat.com

Nizar has a wealth of experience advising on corporate commercial and intellectual property matters.

His corporate commercial experience includes acting for foreign clients on acquisitions of local entities and has in the past advised GCC-based clients in relation to their interest in acquiring and restructuring Jordanian companies in the IT, food and beverage, and education sectors.

Nizar’s intellectual property experience includes handling IPR infringement cases and advising on patents, trademarks and copyrights. He has defended intellectual property rights on behalf of some of the world’s major brand owners.

Experience:

Nizar’s highlights include:

  • Advising a major GCC-based dairy and food company in its acquisition of a 75% interest in a Jordanian dairy producer and its subsidiaries in a deal valued at $55 million followed by a further acquisition of the remaining 25% stake in a deal valued at $12 million.
  • Advising a Jordanian ICT and media company on a prospective investment by Jordanian and GCC-based clients in the company.

Education:

University of Jordan (LL.B., 1993)

Languages:

Arabic and English