We have unique experience advising companies engaged in the equity-financing process, private equity firms, venture capital firms and angel investors in leveraged buyouts, venture capital and growth capital investments. We also have experience acting for local and international lenders on facilities provided for private equity investment.
Our activities in recent times include:
- Advising two global private equity firms on the Jordanian law aspects of their proposed acquisition of a controlling stake in a mega food company based in the GCC in a multibillion dollar transaction that is currently on hold.
- Advising a private equity firm on the sale of their shares in a Jordanian bank to a Hong Kong-based investment firm for an approximate total sum of $130 million.
- Advising the leading private equity firm in the region on its bid for and subsequent successful acquisition of 80% of a Jordanian Government owned commercial aircraft maintenance company in a transaction valued at approximately $55 million.
- Advising one of the region’s market leaders in securities brokerage, investment banking and private equity on the sale of its stake in a Jordanian company to a GCC financial center as part of the parties’ effort to join forces and expand into the MENA region.
- Advising an offshore fund on its investment in one of the region’s premier seed investment and development companies.
- Advising one of the leading logistics solutions companies in Jordan with subsidiaries in the British Virgin Islands and the UAE on an investment by an international financial institution and a private equity firm in the company.
- Advising the shareholders of a Jordanian based logistics, port operations and transportation solutions company with operations in various jurisdictions on the partial acquisition of its shares by an international financial institution and a regional investment fund.
- Advising a major GCC investment house on its contemplated acquisition of a Jordanian company involved in the business of public transportation.
- Advising a GCC-based investment fund on the merger of two Jordanian publicly listed companies in which the fund owns, directly and indirectly, a majority stake.